Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 10:30 am
Rev. Audette Fulbright
The next date for family promise at UUCC is March 26 – April 2. We are looking for some volunteers to make dinner or stay with them. In addition, there is a fund raiser at Applebee’s on 3/25/2017 from 8am to 10am Tickets are $7 and can be bought at Applebee’s on that day.
Sign up on the board in the social hall or contact Carol Bowles at email@example.com or 221-6445.
Please bring canned foods for this tradition. All cans need to be collected in the bin near the front entrance by the Sunday prior to Easter Sunday, April 9th.
Join us for Easter fun and festivities Sunday April 16th.
psssst, let Ms. Marcie know if you would like to be on the “can hiding” team. 307-631-5649
Friday April 14, 2017
If you are a chairman of a committee or team, you should have received a annual report request last week. If you haven’t but think you should have, please contact Shelley Reher the church administrator @ 307-638-4554 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed reports need to be returned by Friday April 14, 2017.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email the administrator.
To all of our UUCC members and friends; an inquiry from your Fun & Fellowship Team: Shall we have a potluck Easter Sunday celebration luncheon?
Please send a text or phone call to (307) 640-038 or fill out a survey at clipboard corner at the church.
Do you need to submit an announcement for the weekly e-mail, UUCC This Week and Beyond… ?
- Submission deadline is Monday before 5:00 pm.
- Please submit announcements to email@example.com.
- Announcements on CD or hand-written/typed announcements should be delivered or mailed to the office and received by the due date.
- E-mail announcements are usually then included in the next Sunday order of service.
- Please remember that not all members/friends have or use email.
- If you are not receiving the weekly e-mail announcements, contact the office.
- For announcements, please include what, where, when, and who the contact person is. For articles, please include a byline.
- Digital photographs and quotes are welcome.
Do you need to submit an announcement for the Sunday service?
- Submission deadline is Thursday by 8am.
- Please submit announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Typed or hand-written announcements need to be submitted to the office by 8am Thursday.
- Announcements are then usually included in the next weekly e-mail.
Do you need to schedule a room?
- Please call (638-4554) or send an email (email@example.com) to the administrator as far in advance as possible, but no more than 90 days, and review the current Building Use Fees.
- Then fill out either a Building Use Form or a Building Use Agreement (usually used for non-church-related activities.)
- Building Use Forms are also located in the caddy next to the women’s restroom on the main floor. Forms can also be sent to you via e-mail; contact the church office.
- The administrator will check room availability and get back to you about availability as soon as possible.
- Be sure to review and follow the Building Lock-up Procedures which are also available in the caddy by the women’s restrooms on the first floor.
- Please review specific guidelines for childcare during any activity.
- Rooms are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is best if you can reserve your room as much in advance as possible but not more than 90 days. Also, keep in mind that church sponsored activities take priority and your event could potentially get moved. In this event, the church administrator will contact you to make acceptable arrangements for your event.
Do you need to be reimbursed for committee expenditures?
- Complete a Request for Reimbursement form (by clicking on it), which are also located in the caddy next to the women’s restroom on the main floor, and attach receipts.
- The Request for Reimbursement form must have your signature and the signature of the committee chair.
- Return the form to the office.
- Generally, bills are paid on Friday, then signed by the treasurer and mailed that day. If you need to be reimbursed more quickly, contact the administrator to make arrangements.
Do you need to request a check?
- If you need a church check, generally to pay a speaker/musician honorarium, fill out a green Check Request form (by clicking on it) or also located in the caddy by the women’s restroom.
- Return the Request form to the office. If possible, please request the check a week in advance of when you need it.
- The check will be given to you or to the person receiving the honorarium.
Join us, you little songbirds! We’ll learn two or three songs for our special multi-generational Easter Sunday service. All levels of experience K-6 welcome. Can only miss one of the following rehearsals:
9:30-10:00 AM practice, Sunday
April 16 – Easter Performance!
Sign up in the Social Hall this Sunday or call, text or email Ms. Marcie by Saturday, March 4th. firstname.lastname@example.org (307)-631-5649
The faith development team is assembling a special committee to plan and prepare for the longstanding tradition of our week long summer day camp here at the church.
It will be another magical summer, revisiting the very successful Harry Potter theme. Responsibilities for this wizarding team include: Reading over the exciting curriculum, a monthly creative brainstorming workshop April-July, and some availability (we can stagger staffing) the first full week of August 7-11th.
Last year, we had to turn away children to keep our camp-staff ratio manageable. With enough help, this could potentially be a great way to bring in revenue for the church and attract families from the community to UUCC.
Join us in making this the most successful UUCC Summer Camp to date! Interested high school youth & adults should contact Ms. Marcie (307)-631-5649 email@example.com
We have posted signs up around the church a number of times but again we must stress the importance of NOT bringing any peanuts or foods with peanuts in them into the building at all. We have a member of our congregation that has a deathly allergy to peanuts and anything with peanuts in them. When this member discovers there are peanuts in the building, they have to leave immediately. This means that they miss out on our various activities or meetings that they need to be at. The allergy is critical and we DO NOT want to alienate this member or any others who have this allergy. PLEASE, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! that we cannot allow peanuts into the building. (If you are bringing in a packaged item, please try to check that it wasn’t manufactured in a facility that processes anything with peanuts.)
Seeking teachers for our annual week long UU summer camp, the Western Unitarian Universalist Life Festival (WUULF). Enjoy fun, community and beautiful scenery in New Mexico. This year’s theme is “Find Your Fiesta,” with community ministers Nancy Bowen and Howell Lind. We have programs for the whole family. We need two or three more teachers for the youth programs that meet on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during morning and afternoon hours. Teachers get their expenses covered by WUULF. To register, see the website and catalog at wuulf.org. Prospective teachers can contact Di Mapes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Wednesday||Mar-22||5:30pm – 6:30pm||Meditation – Room 5|
|5:30pm – 6:30pm||Gentle Yoga After Work – Social Hall|
|7:00pm – 8:00pm||Choir – Sanctuary|
|7:30pm – 9:00pm||Taylor Men’s Basketball – Social Hall|
|Thursday||Mar-23||7:15am – 7:45am||Meditation – Room 5|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||Yoga – Social Hall|
|6:30pm – 7:30pm||NA – Social Hall|
|Friday||Mar-24||11:00am – 12:00pm||Finance Committee Meeting – Library|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||Southeast Wyoming Islamic Group – Rms 12 & 13|
|1:00pm – 3:00pm||Private Birthday Party – Social Hall|
|Sunday||Mar-26||9:15am – 10:00am||Meditation – Room 5|
|9:30am – 10:00am||Children’s Choir – Sanctuary|
|9:45am – 10:15am||Choir – Sanctuary|
|10:30am – 11:30am||Sunday Service & Children’s Religious Education – Sanctuary|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||Sr. High Youth Group – Sr. High Room|
|4:00pm – 6:00pm||Volleyball – Social Hall|
|5:00pm – 7:00pm||Family Promise Dinner – Library|
Other Community Events
Volunteers Needed! The American Cancer Society is looking for volunteers to help patients through the Road to Recovery program and the Cancer Resource Center at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Volunteers are needed to drive patients to and from their cancer treatment at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC) as part of the Road to Recovery program. Drivers can set their availability and agree to drive patients as needed during business hours Monday-Friday. Volunteers are also needed to help staff the American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center at CRMC. Volunteers will talk with patients and provide them with information about resources available to help while they undergo treatment. Volunteering with the American Cancer Society is a great way to assist patients on their cancer journey!
Please call Jana at 307-235-0044 or email email@example.com for more information.
Volunteers are needed to wait tables. To volunteer contact Lori, the Executive Director at 307-772-8770.
Tickets are available at the door or from Jim Gaulke or Carol Bowles.