Love is the spirit of this church and service its cause. This is our covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek truth, and to help others.
How to Do It
A User’s Guide to Becoming Involved with Our Church
Do you want to get involved in Church activities or want to learn more about them?
Come, have fun and be with us. You are welcome.
Church activities are open to all – visitors, friends, members.
Click here for our Events Page or read UUCC This Week,our weekly e-letter, and the computer monitor in the lobby, which includes any updates or changes to planned activities. (To sign up for these, please contact the church at email@example.com or call 307-638-4554) Or read the weekly announcements in our Sunday morning bulletin, “like” us on FaceBook or follow us on Twitter @UUChurchCheyenn.
For more ways to get involved, check out the following programs.
Lifespan Faith Development, Children and Youth (LFD)
Choir and Music
Please join us for choir practice at 7-8 PM, Wednesday evenings and 9:45-10:15 AM Sundays just before service. Do you have an instrumental piece you would like to share with the congregation?
Stay after church service to enjoy conversation and fellowship. Have a cup of coffee and a snack. Snacks are provided by volunteers on a rotating schedule, based on last names. Feel free to bring snacks to share. If you would like, help clean up afterwards in the kitchen and Social Hall.
COMEA House Dinners
To read the most recent news click here. If you have additional questions, contact Thomas Redding 307-640-6038, or Mac Marino, 305-393-1505.
Family Promise of Cheyenne
For more information click here or contact the UUCC coordinators:
Carol Bowles, 221-6445
Mindful Monday Meditation
For more information click here or contact Beth Howard, 632-7047.
Mindfulness practice in the Plum Village tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh: sitting and walking meditation, mindful tea, and discussion. Meets the first Monday of every month from 6-8 PM in Room 5, upstairs.
Bird & Bell Meditation Group
For more information click here or contact Gene Heater, 632-0974.
Members and friends offer goods and services that are sold in silent and live auctions for this major church fundraiser which takes place in late winter or early spring – watch for dates in church communications. The evening of the auction includes a great dinner, entertainment, and fun. Many hands are needed to make the auction a success.
Questions? Contact Joe Corrigan, 630-6192 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click here or contact Natalie Vernon, 421-0446.
Questions? Contact Ben Eckman, 307-286-8299 or Joe Corrigan, email@example.com, 307-630-6193.
Recreational volleyball for everyone 13 and older. All are welcome, everyone plays. Meets Sundays, 4-6 PM in the Social Hall.
Do you need to submit an announcement for the weekly e-mail, UUCC This Week and Beyond… ?
- Submission deadline is Tuesday before 10 AM.
- Please submit announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Announcements on CD or hand-written/typed announcements should be delivered or mailed to the office and received by the due date.
- E-mail announcements are usually then included in the next Sunday order of service.
- Please remember that not all members/friends have or use email.
- If you are not receiving the weekly e-mail announcements, contact the office.
Do you need to submit an announcement for the Sunday service?
- Submission deadline is Sunday before 10 AM.
- Please place announcements in the mailbox which has been created for it in the hallway where the other mailboxes are.
- Alternatively, announcements may be submitted to email@example.com by Friday at 10 AM. Please specify in the email that it is for Sunday service announcement.
Do you need to submit an article for the UUCC Focus?
- Submission deadline is the 20th of the preceding month by midnight.
- Please submit copy, articles and announcements, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For announcements, please include what, where, when, and who the contact person is. For articles, please include a byline.
- Digital photographs and quotes are welcome.
Do you need to schedule a room?
- Please call (638-4554) or send an email to the administrator as far in advance as possible, but no more than 90 days, and review the current Building Use Fees.
- Then fill out either a Building Use Form or a Building Use Agreement (usually used for non-church-related activities.)
- Building Use Forms are also located in the caddy next to the women’s restroom on the main floor. Forms can also be sent to you via e-mail; contact the church office.
- The administrator will check room availability and get back to you about availability as soon as possible.
- Be sure to review and follow the Building Lock-up Procedures which are also available in the caddy by the women’s restrooms on the first floor.
- Please review specific guidelines for childcare during any activity.
- Rooms are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is best if you can reserve your room as much in advance as possible but not more than 90 days. Also, keep in mind that church sponsored activities take priority and your event could potentially get moved. In this event, the church administrator will contact you to make acceptable arrangements for your event.
Do you need to get into the building?
- For short term building use, contact the office to get a “loaner” key.
- If you need a key on an on-going basis, contact the office.
Do you need to know about your committee’s budget?
- For a report on account expenditures or budget status, contact the treasurer or the administrator or review the most recent annual report.
Do you need make a tax exempt purchase for your committee?
- The church is sales tax exempt.
- If you need proof of tax exempt status for purchases you make for the church, please contact the office.
Do you need to be reimbursed for committee expenditures?
- Complete a Request for Reimbursement form, which are also located in the caddy next to the women’s restroom on the main floor, and attach receipts.
- The Request for Reimbursement form must have your signature and the signature of the committee chair.
- Return the form to the office.
- Generally, bills are paid on Friday, then signed by the treasurer and mailed that day. If you need to be reimbursed more quickly, contact the administrator to make arrangements.
Do you need to request a check?
- If you need a church check, generally to pay a speaker/musician honorarium, fill out a green Check Request form (by clicking on it) or also located in the caddy by the women’s restroom.
- Return the Request form to the office. If possible, please request the check a week in advance of when you need it.
- The check will be given to you or to the person receiving the honorarium.
Do you need to make photocopies for your committee or event?
- Black and white copies can be make on the photocopier in the office. Color copies can be made on the laser printer in the office from electronic media.
- The administrator can make copies with sufficient notice.
Do you need to send postcards or do a mailing for your committee?
- With sufficient notice, the administrator can assist in creating documents and sending mailings for your committee.
Does your committee need in-house publicity or a sign up sheet for an event you’re planning?
- Flyers for your event can be inserted in the Sunday order of service. Given sufficient notice the administrator can assist in creating flyers.
- Sign up sheets and posters can be placed at Clipboard Corner in the church lobby. Clipboards and poster holders are located in the back of the Membership Table in the lobby. Given sufficient notice the administrator can assist in creating posters and sign up sheets.
- Posters for your event can be posted on your committee’s bulletin board or on the Welcome and Information bulletin board in the lobby.
Do you need to know where your committee’s mail is?
- Each standing committee and several teams and activities have mailboxes/cubbies in the hallway across from the main floor restrooms.
- The mailboxes are labeled and are in alphabetical order.
- Messages and other important information are frequently left in these mailboxes by staff and members of the congregation. Committees are asked to check their mailboxes regularly.
Do you want to donate an item to the church?
- If you purchase items and would like to donate them or if you have items to donate, the church can supply you with a receipt and/or a donation letter if you would like one. Contact the office.
Does your committee need supplies?
- Paper, tape, pens and other supplies are available in the upstairs of the office. Please contact the Administrator to get access to the supplies as the office is locked unless it is during office business hours. There are also some additional supplies kept locked in the closet in the basement.
- You are welcome to use any supplies the church has.
- If you need specific items for your event or group, we can arrange to buy or order those items given enough advance notice.
Need to get in touch with someone?
We have a member directory available at the counters at the church or you can contact the office at 307-638-4554 and request one.
We have additional reference materials for our members on our Members Only page. They include our By-Laws, Board Minutes, and Member Directory. You will need a password for that page. To request a password, please contact the administrator at 307-638-4554 or email@example.com.
Please update your information by clicking here.